Life has been taking few jibes over me since I lost my bag and everything important with it . Some of the funny ones I remember are shared here :
- Walking through your favorites stores without card or enough money, that too during sales season and for a week ( almost killed me 😦 )
- Laptop Charger got broken ( we have a saying in hindi ‘ Ghareebi mei aata Geela’ which literally translates to ‘ During Poverty you got your flour wet’ , that sounds foolish but it means ‘In adversity everything turns bad’ )
- You have a guest at home expecting the best hospitality and you have limited cash.
- You want to eat at a restaurant and then the cashier tells you you they don’t accept credit card ! You come out with a sad face and broken heart. Sigh**
- Beggars coming to you and asking for coins and how you wish you can tell them they have more in their bowl/cup than you in your pocket!
Jokes apart, I have received my debit card yesterday , life is coming back to normal again . Thanks everyone for your love , concerns and sharing your experiences with me .
There is an old age saying Whatever happens happens for good , it is true to an extent that we always have learnings and awakenings from the darkest moments of our lives. I actually lived the difference between what we need and what we want in life in the last week. For example I want an Iphone or Samsung Galaxy S6 but my requirements can be fulfilled with a J5 or even lesser expensive one. I just need a smartphone which has decent features and suits my budget so I picked up one such phone. Another example , We decided to do our grocery with what we need for a week to survive: some fruits, veggies, milk ,eggs , oil and bread . It wasn’t expensive compared to my normal grocery tours where I spend hours musing and a heavy amount and then come back with everything not in my shopping list .The human needs are simple and affordable , they don’t force you to go out of the way to have them. It is our desires , social pressure and inner complexes. Although there is part of world population which is struggling to meet their basic needs , the discussion here is for people who can easily afford them and are still struggling with their wants and like to have which ultimately turns them unhappy and demotivated.
I think the best life is a minimalist’s life, just take care of what you need and leave the rest for others. Life will become easy and more peaceful. Another thing to add to my to list of 2017, incorporating the minimalist’s approach .
Have a nice weekend everyone !